Chestnut roaster & barbeque pan
- Brand: Netherton Foundry
- Product Code: NFS-184
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £51.13
Netherton Foundry 8½ inch chestnut roaster & barbeque pan
Ideal for roasting chestnuts on open fires, gas flames, barbecues and Netherton Foundry Outdoor / Garden Hobs.
Suitable for high temperature frying & browning, may be used in oven.
Preparing your chestnuts ready for roasting.
Place in an even layer in the pan.
Roast at 220º C for 20-30 minutes or until skins have peeled back and chestnuts are tender when pierced with a knife.
Shake your roaster halfway through cooking time to turn chestnuts.
Remove from heat and cool slightly before peeling.
Peel while still warm.
Can be dipped in melted butter and cinnamon if so desired.
Why choose a pre- seasoned pan ?
Coating can be simply restored at home, time after time.
Why use an Iron pan?
Iron pans are tough and can be used at very high temperatures.
This iron pan is suitable for all types of hobs, grills and ovens.
Iron is a pure, simple metal which is easy to look after & very recyclable.
What’s special about OUR spun black iron pans?
- If you are cooking meat or fish - oil the food, not the pan
- Be patient; allow the food to cook before trying to turn it over.
- Don't fry food straight from the fridge, allow it to come up to room temperature.
Every time you use the pan, heat it SLOWLY to frying temperature, then you can use full power.This is especially important if you are using powerful cooking hobs such as induction.
- Use a hob the same size as the pan base, small rings WILL warp big pans.
- Never drop a hot pan into cold water. This will buckle it.