Shropshire Made Charcoal Chimney with long oak handle.
The quickest way to light an Outdoor Hob, BBQ , Fire Pit, outdoor or pizza oven or similar .
A large black iron charcoal chimney with a detachable handle for convenient storage and carrying.
Get cooking in ten to twenty minutes.
Pre-seasoned with flax oil for a natural finish.
Made from Durable 99.1% pure black iron rolled sheet.
Hand riveted with malleable iron rivets.
Sturdy, hand made, long oak handle with brass fixings.
How to use the Charcoal Chimney
Here's a 45 second video showing how easy it is to use.
Step by step instructions:
1. Fill your charcoal chimney to just below the top rim, this is approximately 1kg of good quality lumpwood charcoal.
2. Scrunch up a single sheet of newspaper into a ball no bigger than 6 inches (15cms) in diameter and place on a firesafe surface. A corner of a Netherton Foundry fire table is the perfect place for this. Do not light this on grass, decking or any surface that may catch fire.
3. Push in one or two firelighters, we use natural ones, into centre of the newspaper ball.
4. Light the firelighters with a long match.
5. Place the chimney on top of the flaming newspaper ball.
6. Wait for about 10 to 20 minutes until all the charcoal is burning white hot.
7. Then pick up the charcoal chimney using the long oak handle and slowly empty into the BBQ.